The Party Wall etc Act 1996 provides certain legislative rights and procedures in reference to works to a party wall or structure, works along a boundary and excavating lower and within certain proximity to neighbouring foundations and structures. We act equally for those needing to instigate the works as ‘Building Owner’s Surveyor’ (BOS) and those affected by such works as the ‘Adjoining Owner’s Surveyor’ (AOS) and pending agreement, between Building and Adjoining Owners, as ‘Agreed Surveyor’.
Given our professionalism and expert knowledge in this field, we also undertake the role of ‘Third Surveyor’ appointments, effectively an arbitrator when appointed surveyors or owners are unable to agree on matters relating to the act.
We provide professional services within the full scope of the Act and also associated neighbourly matters; our services include:-
- Service of Notices
- Preparation of Awards
- In–depth legislative advice
- Assessment of security for expenses
- Schedule of Condition and monitoring
- Assessment of building damage and remedial works
- Third Surveyor / Expert Witness
- Other neighbourly aspects including access and oversail licences (scaffold, tower cranes etc)